Main page content
Engagement with the Québec Mines + Energy Congress
November 21, 2018 – Québec, Québec
Representatives of the Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan (CMMP) Secretariat held a session at the Québec Mines + Energy Congress, which was attended by stakeholders from various sectors associated with the mining sector. Participants were presented with the six Strategic Directions under the Plan and were asked to determine which measures they would prioritize.
Participants identified which actions they would like to see prioritized, including:
- The importance of increasing financial support for various geoscientific surveys in order to drive competitiveness.
- Strengthening the capacity of Indigenous communities in terms of employability, training, business opportunities and negotiations.
- Providing incentives and support at the early stages of a project to encourage the adoption of clean technologies on a commercial scale, particularly to replace diesel and improve the autonomy of alternative energies.
- The development of strategies to improve the industry's image and raise public awareness of its sustainable and responsible practices.
- A coordinated approach to create a strong mining innovation system.
- The creation of a Canadian mining brand